Mini Marine Biologist (7-11yr olds)
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Anna Bay, NSW
7-11 year old Mini Marine Biologists
Children who are itching to get behind the scenes and learn how to look after our amazing animals. This fully guided day offers exclusive behind the scenes access that enables children to face their fears and gain knowledge about the ocean and its inhabitants. Participants will learn about the animals with a special take home workbook (great for show and tell when the holidays are over) and help their Aquarist/zoo keeper leader carry out some important aquarium jobs. Of course they will need to bring their swimmers and towels as they will get to hop in and have a Shark Encounter with their guide.
Current activities in the Mini Marine Biologist program include:
- 10 am Meet and greet
- Safety talk & learn about Irukandji
- Feed the baby sharks and rays
- Morning snack
- Enrichment activity
- Participate in a zookeeper/ aquarist task
- Worksheet and biology
- Shark Encounter
- Get a group photo
- Finish the worksheet
- 3.30 pick up
The program runs on a few selected days throughout the school holidays from 10.00am – 3.30pm on selected days and costs $120 per child which includes entry, Shark Encounter, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and a drink fully catered using Soul Origin in Salamander Bay.
Participants must bring Swimmers, a towel, a spare change of clothes, a drink bottle and a jumper in a re-usable bag. Please avoid bringing plastic bags as we are trying to educate on the hazards of plastic in the ocean.
- The programs are capped at 14 children, if it is sold out please keep an eye out for the next date to become available or join the waiting list.
- A minimum of 4 participants must be booked for the program to go ahead. If there are less than 4 participants booked, it may be postponed to a later date. Please be understanding as we are a small business, it could postpone till the next holidays.